Sunday, April 25, 2010

Keeping You in Stitches

Stitches. I can't believe that Brett made it past his 5th birthday before he finally ended up needing stitches. His nickname is Crash...I guess that alone should explain it all. He is always crashing and running into everything. He's always been a tough kid. When he was just barely two he got West Nile Virus that turned into spinal meningitis. Just to hear that they thought that it could be bacterial meningitis made my heart melt. Luckily it wasn't, it was viral and he was better in a few days. He's struggled with food allergies since he was one so he's no stranger to difficulties.
But tonight to see him getting 5 stitches in his face, made me want to pass out. I thought that I was stronger than that but I got weak and nauseous and and had to sit. I know that this is the first of many trips to the ER with this child of mine and I hope that I can be a little stronger for him next time. I was very proud that he didn't cry. He did grimace a little and I will neither confirm nor deny if a tear was shed but I can tell you that he was tough and I LOVE him for that. His only worry was that the kids at preschool are going to tease him but I reassured him that they wouldn't. I talked to his teacher tonight, Miss Lacy, and she said to tell him that chicks dig scars. I LOVE Miss Lacy!! She always knows just what to say! lol

3 comments:

Meri said...

Scars are so cool! My hubby has one on his chin from when he was 8. He is still proud of it to this day!

Amanda said...

Sounds like you guys have been having WAY too much excitement around there!

Shamae said...

Holy crap! How did he do that? that's a lot of stitches! Glad he was a brave lil tiger!!!